Healthcare Financial Management Association regularly publishes resources to support working with NHS finances at Board level.
Paper: The external audit: best practice in working well together– reflections on how organisations and Boards can work well with their external auditors.
Paper: External audit reports: the role of the audit committee – this short paper is intended to support audit committee members to easily understand the range of external audit reports and additional powers.
Resource: NHS corporate governance map – aimed at NHS boards, governing bodies, audit committees and those NHS staff with an interest in governance, the purpose of the NHS corporate governance map is to highlight the published resources that support the development and maintenance of effective governance arrangements.
Webinar: Board level decision making for value – HFMA October 2021
Webinar: Introduction to health economics – Making best use of finite resources – HFMA September 2021
Tool: Integrated care system finance and governance guidance map – a tool that maps key NHS guidance – HFMA February 2022
Directory: HFMA resource directory – providing an overview of all the support available from the HFMA and
HFMA Briefings particularly relevant for non-executive directors and lay members:
- An introduction and glossary to NHS and local government finance and governance in England
- What finance data is required to drive value at a population level?
- How it works – Specialised commissioning in England
- How it works – NHS continuing healthcare
- How do you support effective system decision-making?
- How it works – personal health budgets and integrated personal budgets
- How it works – understanding the financial position
- How it works: The Department of Health and NHS England allocation process
- How it works: The clinical commissioning group allocation process